Tuesday 24 August 2021


Fizz Inflator!!!!

Today was a fun task. We got to make a fizz inflator. 
I had to find a small water bottle as the man in the video said smaller bottles worked best. 
Then fill it ¾ the way with white vinegar. 
Then I had to pour some baking soda into a balloon with a funnel. This was hard because the baking soda had lumps in it and kept getting stuck. 
Then the really hard part was trying to stick the balloon over the bottle without pouring the baking soda in. I was nervous to do it so my mum helped me..
Then I tipped the balloon up and the baking soda fell into the bottle of vinegar. And a chemical reaction happen and it started to fizz. All the air in the fiz blew up the balloon.
This was so cool. 
I have done these explosions before with my mum in the sandpit making a volcano when i was little

Next time i think i would use less baking soda so it doesn't overflow and fill the balloon up with vinegar.



 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Layton,

    What a fun way to start your day. I really enjoyed watching your video and reading your quality blog post. What do you think would have happened if you had a bigger bottle?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Hickling.

    I think if i had a bigger bottle it wouldn't have fizzed so much so the balloon wouldn't blow up enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is awesome Layton. Well done i liked this video.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.